My husband and I enjoy going to the movies. We enjoy about 90% of the same styles of movies, that is- Sci-fi, action and suspense. Friday has turned into our little date day. Blessed with the ability to set our own schedules most weeks we have worked hard at setting this time aside for movie dates. If there is nothing playing that we want to see we will try to do something else or maybe rent a movie.
Yesterday we were hoping to see a double feature. He was going to see “Pete’s Dragon” with me (there is that 10% we have in different taste) and then we were also going to see “Ben Hur.” Some great throw backs this month! Anyway, he got an emergency call on Thursday night though and we had to cancel. I have to say we were both disappointed. But life will go on and movie date makeup days are already in the works.
I will tell you, 18 years of marriage this month and I still love going out on dates. It is a time for just the two of us to put aside whatever is going on in our lives and just be in the moment with each other. I also think it’s good for our teens to see, an example of a working, loving relationship and how you keep it going. I highly recommend dates for married couples or those that have been in relationships for long periods of time. Purposing to take the time out with each other keeps you communicating and engaging, so important in a relationship. It doesn’t have to be weekly (although I highly recommend it) but, at least one day a month should be set aside for just the two of you.
Today’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt was the word, “date.” Find out more at Linda Hill’s blog:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!