From what I have read this tag has been going on for quite some time now…” The word “liebster” means “dearest” or “favourite” in German, and the tag is used to spread the love awareness for the smaller bloggers in the community.”
So, this is how it works…
♦ Thank the blogger that nominated you
♦ Write 11 random facts about yourself
♦ Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you
♦ Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated
♦ Come up with 11 questions for the bloggers you’re nominating
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I am the oldest of five- 3 sisters and 1 brother
- I was married at 18 and had my first child at 21
- My favorite show of ALL time is “Walking Dead”
- I collect Minions (yes from the cartoon movies)
- I love design and fashion, I have a clothes/shoes obsession
- My favorite drink is coffee or espresso in any way- hot or cold
- I have two teenagers (prayers appreciated)
- I was pregnant at the same time as my mom, my oldest and her youngest (my youngest sister)- we all have the same parents.
- I love sunrises and sunsets, specially at the beach
- I worked as a Veterinary Assistant and LOVE animal, specially cats
- My favorite dessert is red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
Answers to questions from Unmotivated Enthusiast:
- What is your passion? Right now my passion is blogging. I tend to go through fazes and I have found that I love this, because I love writing. However I also love my art- drawing and painting.
- Why did you start blogging? I needed a new creative outlet and I enjoy meeting new people- this was a great way to obtain both.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I am very self conscience about my weight- I would like to be more excepting of [it]!
- Is there a moment in your life you wish you could go back to just to enjoy it again? If so, what moment is it? Yes, my husband and I went to Grande Cayman for 10 days, about 11 years ago. It was amazing- horseback riding on the beach and much relaxation… and no kids!
- Are you planning to publish a book in the future? If so, what would it be about? I would love to publish a book. If I were to do so, it would be some sort of “Mom Ramblings” style. I enjoy humor and have lots of stories to share.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? I do. After 18 years married to the only man I’ve ever loved. We met and I knew that I would marry him and here we are 21 years since meeting.
- Is there something you’re afraid of that’s quite unusual? I am deathly afraid of sharks. And not that I ever encountered one, but something in my early years put this panic in to me. Now I live at the beach and do not do much in the water because of it. But, the funniest to my husband and kids is seeing me hyperventilate when a Discovery Channel “shark week” commercial airs.
- What country are you from? The United States
- How many languages do you speak? Just English, although I use to be able to carry on a bit in French when I was younger. But if you don’t use it you lose it. I had many bi-lingual friends growing up near the boarder of Canada. I also have attempted American Sign Language as I have a deaf friend.
- What is one of your most embarrassing moments in life? When I fell down a flight of stairs in a dress right in front of my husband’s friend. I was also 6 months pregnant and it was not pretty!
- Are you happy? Yes, I am very happy. I have lived through some very unhappy moments in the past couple years. But we moved South to a warmer climate and near the beach. I have good health and a loving family- life is good.
Answers to questions from Yasminmay:
- Why did you start your blog? I needed a new creative outlet and I enjoy meeting new people- this was a great way to obtain both.
- What is your favourite time of year? Summer, I love the heat and sun!
- What is one thing you are proud of? My two teens are turning into amazing little adults.
- What is your favourite animal? I adore giraffes and plan to have one tattooed on me at some point.
- When you were asked as a youngster what job you wanted to do, what did you say? I always wanted to be a mom.
- What is your favourite food? Pizza, I love a thick crust with chicken, onion and pepper.
- What is your favourite quote? Oh I have so many… “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln
- Are you a dog or cat person? Cats for sure, I use to have 3 but now just 1
- What is your favourite memory? The day I got married- 18 years ago
- If you could return to any age, what would it be and why? Although I hate aging I don’t know if I would go back to far. I have been through a lot in the past 3 years and wouldn’t want to relive it. I’m am confident in who I am now and have learned a lot. I’m 36
- Where is your favourite place in the world? Home in comfy clothes watching tv with my family (I know it’s corny, lol).
My Nominations: In my short time in the blogger’sphere’ I have already enjoyed meeting some really great bloggers. These nominated are very positive, inspirational, fun and interesting writers to follow, I hope you will check them out!
- Jibber Jabber with Sue
- Anything Is Possible
- But I Smile Anyway…
- Progressing Into Solitude
- Love It Now
- Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
My 11 questions for you:
- What is your favorite subject to blog about?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- Do you enjoy the outdoors? If so what is your favorite thing to do.
- Favorite food?
- Do you prefer mornings or evening?
- If you could be anyone famous who would it be? Why?
- Best day ever.
- Favorite color.
- One thing you could not live without?
- If you were on a desert island would you rather have your favorite book or pen and paper?
- Text or talk on the phone?