photo by pexels
What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor? If you know me it is probably no surprise that coffee is my favorite ice cream flavor. If I were to say even more specifically, Ben & Jerry’s, Coffee Heath Bar.
If you were to treat yourself to the “finer things” what would you treat yourself to? I enjoy a day at the spa, massage, manicure and pedicure. And, I will admit, I do take these moments, it’s a must have for me.
Have you ever been drunk? Have you ever heard the song, “Tequila makes her clothes fall off”? I am quite a “happy” drunk and we will just leave it at that. 😉
Complete this sentence: My favorite supposedly guilty pleasure is… Having a hard time choosing between watching “Sister Wives” and listening to heavy metal music whilst head banging.
Optional Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? I made it through Christmas while suffering with sickness and depression, all while having company. I SURVIVED! I am looking forward to the New Year and new opportunities. Although I do NOT make resolutions, it is a great feeling of rejuvenation.
Cee’s Share Your World
What do you value most in a friendship? Honesty, straight out be real, no wishy-washy crap, drama-free and tolerance for my outspoken personality and sarcastic humor 😉 Haha, I could keep going…can you tell I’ve been burned? By the closest, longest standing friendship I’d ever had. So, now I am very particular about who I let into my inner circle, EVER!
Do you prefer eating the frosting of the cake or the cupcake first? Do you prefer a specific flavor? I like to take the bottom off and put it on top of the frosting and sandwich it. Although I do like to lick it off too, if I’m being good or bad…whichever you want to call that 😉 My favorite flavor is Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting. Followed up closely by all chocolate.
Have you ever been in a submarine? If you haven’t, would you want to? No, but, in the bottom of a WW 2 battleship. Does that count? Close? It was very close quarters and I did get a touch claustrophobic by the end. So, no a sub is not a desire, as I imagine it would be even tighter.
If 100 people your age were chosen at random, how many do you think you’d find leading a more satisfying life than yours? This is a hard one. I try not to compare myself to others life. I am really happy overall and couldn’t say otherwise.
Optional Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? Got the house all ready for Christmas- tree, decorations and fun with the family, while doing so.
“On Thursday it will be Thanksgiving in the USA and I thought we could do a grateful list for this week. Most of these questions can be answered with just a couple of words, just put down the first thing that comes to mind. Yes, I know you writers will never use just one or two words to respond to any question.” –Cee’s Share Your World
If you would like to get in on the fun, feel free to cut and paste this post and answer the questions too. Just make sure you let me know so that I can read what you are grateful for too. -Michelle
What are you grateful for in regard to:
- Your home life? Being able to homeschool my children. I don’t take for granted that I am able to be home to do this.
- Your family? A husband who meets our needs by working hard while giving us love and support. Also two very special teenagers.
- Your blogging community? Meeting new people from all over the world that I’d never have an opportunity to otherwise. Inspirational and beautiful people, no less!
- Your city or immediate area in which you live? Being able to enjoy the beach regularly.
- The regional area in which you live? Living in a warm climate after spending my first 35 years of life in the north. It is such a blessing.
- The country where you live? Freedoms that we enjoy daily and may even take for granted.
- You? I’m thankful for the creativity that the Lord has given me- through writing and my art.
Optional Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
My needs continue to be met daily and goals accomplished. I look forward to spending Thanksgiving with my family and the kids being off school, so we can have some free time.
Cee’s Share Your World
Are you a traveler or a homebody?
I love traveling, however these days I am more of a homebody (hey, I live at the beach). In my 20’s I had the opportunity to go to The Grande Cayman’s. It was my first time flying and it was a great adventure. Horseback riding on the beach, amazing gardens, the bluest waters and whitest sand. Here’s a few pictures from our visit.
What kind of TV commercial would you like to make? Describe it.
Haha, this is a great question. I would love to do a coffee commercial, of course! Just a laid back scene, in a coffee shop, working on a laptop. Pretty much my idea of a perfect day indoors.
Describe yourself in a word that starts with the first letter of your name.
Michelle, definitely Mischievous! I mean look at that face…
Yep, this is me!
List some fun things for a rainy day.
Hot cup of coffee, snuggled up in a blanket with a good book. Popcorn and a movie. Dancing with your headphones and your favorite playlist on. Take a nap with sounds of the beach on. And, of course, blogging!
Feel free to get in on the fun, answer one or all of the questions in the comments or use the link to create your own post. Cee’s Share Your World
Sharing a bit about myself, so here are some fun facts and personal photos…I hope you enjoy. And, if you want to get in on the party, feel free to follow this link. Cee’s- Share Your World: Week 40
- Why did you start blogging? I enjoy connecting with others and writing is a passion. In blogging I get to do both. It is also a great therapy outlet.
- A piece of clothing you still remember? I remember playing dress-up with my sister in old Bride’s Maides dresses. We were quite “girlie” and enjoyed playing princess and dancing. My mom got them for us from thrift stores, she was inventive.
“Playing Dress Up”
- Who are you trying to reach with your blog? Anyone that is interested in reading it. I am passionate, with hope that I can be a source of encouragement and interest to all who come across me. I am still humbled that others find my words meaningful and worth reading!
- Is there a stuffed animal in your bedroom? Oh yes! I have always love stuffed animal. And at the age of 36, I am not embarrassed to say that there is actually more than one laying around. Here is my newest addition “Myrtle the Turtle”!
“Myrtle the Turtle”
- The best birthday present ever? When I turned 16, my now husband gave me a beautiful gold heart necklace. Still one of my most cherished memories.
“My Sweet 16 Gift”
- What would surprise me about you? I suffer from Mesophonia- read and learn about it here> The NY Times
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? I am grateful for my children and their continued progress in this school year. As a homeschool mom, some weeks are tough, but it was an encouraging week. The coming week I look forward to time with a friend and nice weather.